Please answer my concern.

Dr. McGovern, I have HSV1 and HSV 2 and i m not sure if i have shingles. I got tested for HIV 1 and 2 andtibody Elisa test recently, which was like seven months after exposure. The result was negative. Do u think the presence of HSV1, HSV2 or shingles would have an effect on the window period of HIV or the antibody production(like would there be a delay in antibody production or would it inhibit the production of antibodies). 2) Having an HSV1 outbreak, HSV2 outbreak or shingles outbreak at the time of testing, will that affect the accuracy of the HIV antibody test result. Do u think i need more testing.

No I do not think that these infections should have any effect on HIV testing and no further HIV testing is indicated. Dr. McGovern

Interpreting results, please help
End stage of liver disease