|Interpreting results, please help
Aug 6, 2004
I just got my hep b results. The hb surface antigen is negative, the hb surface antibody value is 0.0 miu/ml. What this value mean? Is it positive or negative? Does it mean that I have hep b? If someone does not get an injection but develops immunity, because they got rid of the virus themselves, does that meant that they will never get the virus again, and not be able to transmit it to others? I am really scared , please advise
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Please be reassured that all your test results mean is that you do not have chronic hepatitis B infection (your hepatitis B surface antigen is negative) but you are not protected against hepatitis B (your hepatitis B surface antibody level is not detected). You can discuss immunization with your physician.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.