Herpes outbreak at the time of drawing blood. Please answer.

Dr. McGovern,

First of all thanks for your support to the people who really need you. Could you please answer my concern.

I have tested positive for HSV-1 and HSV-2. I have tested negative for HIV Elisa antibody test 9 months following the exposure. Do you think the presence of a HSV-1 outbreak or HSV-2 outbreak at the time of HIV testing affects the accuracy of the HIV antibody test by providing a false negative. I m just curious coz. when the nurse took the blood for HIV testing, i still had the herpes outbreak.

THank you very much for your time.

Please be reassured that a herpes outbreak should not interfere with your HIV testing results. Dr. McGovern

HIV PCR in acute co-infection
Cholesterl and the liver