|Precore or Inactive?
Aug 3, 2004
My test results follow:
Hep B Surface Ag Positive Hep B e Antigen Negative Hep B e AB Positive HBV DNA Count 2000 copies/ml April 2004 18000 copies/ml July 2004
My liver function has always been normal and I never have had hepatitis symptoms.
I am told I have the precore mutant and should start Adefovir. Could I just be inactive? Any problems with starting the drug based on above data?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
no problem at all. I offer it to patients frequently. You might also want to consider a liver biopsy. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore Throat A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Tingling In Feet An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Anal Warts After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Bloody Nose After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.