|Precore or Inactive?
Aug 3, 2004
My test results follow:
Hep B Surface Ag Positive Hep B e Antigen Negative Hep B e AB Positive HBV DNA Count 2000 copies/ml April 2004 18000 copies/ml July 2004
My liver function has always been normal and I never have had hepatitis symptoms.
I am told I have the precore mutant and should start Adefovir. Could I just be inactive? Any problems with starting the drug based on above data?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
no problem at all. I offer it to patients frequently. You might also want to consider a liver biopsy. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vibramycin Treat Chlamydia?
- How Do I Cure Painful Spots On My Penis?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.