|HELP ME WITH THIS
Jul 25, 2004
MY HUSBAND WAS TOLD IN JUNE OF 2000. IS ON MEDS BUT I'D LIKE TO KNOWWHAT COUNTS MEAN HIS CD4 IS 189 AND VL IS 76.000 IS THIS GONE FROM HIV TO AIDS ( I'M CLEAN, WE WERE SEPARATED AT THE TIME) THANK-YOU..
| Response from Dr. McGovern
He would have the official diagnosis of AIDS with a T cell count less than 200. This is just an official diagnosis which is based on the level of T cells in the body. These numbers can improve greatly on good HIV treatment. Hopefully he is getting into medical care.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long After Possible Infection Should I Wait Before Getting A Blood Test For Hepatitis C?
- What Is Gonorrhea Of The Throat?
- What Does The Beginning Of Genital Warts Look Like?
- What Does A Syphilis Rash Look Like?
- What Are Complications Of Untreated Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.