hepc/foot/leg muscle pain

I was diagonosed with Hep C in 1998. Tried interferon, but side effects were too much. Recently, I have lots of pain from below the knees to the sole of the feet.(they also tingle). Also, my upper arms have muscle pain. Also, my abdomine stays bloated. Could these things be caused by the bad liver & spleen.

It sounds like you might have peripheral neuropathy with the tingling of your feet, but this will have to be diagnosed by your physician by physical examination. There are several causes for this condition which can be further explored with your doctor.

Bloating of the abdomen could be related to so many different things that it would be hard for me to advise you properly. I would definitely see your physician for a good physical examination and laboratory testing.

Remember that now we have better interferons which are only injected once weekly and the results are better in terms of response and side effects. You may want to revisit this issue of treatment with your doctor.

Dr. McGovern

What these test means?please answer
Masking HCV