Contact with an IV Drug User

My husband and I are planning on borrowing a company truck this weekend to help some friends move. The truck will have just been driven by a co-worker who has been an IV drug user and has not been tested. He is not careful about covering up cuts, etc. that he gets while doing manual labour. Is it possible that my husband and I could be at risk for HEP B/C if we sit in/drive the vehicle right after he's been in it? What if there's blood on the steering wheel, seatbelt, doors, etc.

Please advise.

If you have any concerns about blood on the steering wheel, you can clean it off with bleach before using it. However, the risk of acquiring hepatitis C or B from touching this object would also have to assume that you yourself have an open wound on your hands. Therefore the risk is negligible.

Dr. McGovern

how long??
should I stop HAART to begin HepC therapy?