Jul 25, 2004
How long after having intercourse does it usually take for hiv to show up when tested?I know sysmptoms may not show up for a while but will tests still determine if your are posititve or not
Response from Dr. McGovern
After a significant potential exposure, testing is usually done up to six months after to be certain. However, the three month test is very reassuring.
Could i have been infected this way please?
Contact with an IV Drug User
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Condom Slipped
- Seroconverting After Condom Broke
- Is White Tongue A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.