Jul 25, 2004
How long after having intercourse does it usually take for hiv to show up when tested?I know sysmptoms may not show up for a while but will tests still determine if your are posititve or not
| Response from Dr. McGovern
After a significant potential exposure, testing is usually done up to six months after to be certain. However, the three month test is very reassuring.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Bladder Infection Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- What Part Of The Body Is Affected By Hepatitis?
- After Five Months Is An HIV Test Conclusive
- Being Fingered By A Man With Cum On His Hand
- Can Anabolic Steroid Affect Hiv Results?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.