Could i have been infected this way please?

Hi I cut my hand the other month on a glass and it was bleeding quite badly. I went to throw the glass out but the rubbish chute had blood on it ( I am not sure if it is mine or not - which is where the trouble lies). The cut on my hand was quite deep and was bleeding - I am not sure if the fresh blood was mine or not and if it was not then was i at risk from HIV? I think I may have accidentally touched it a little bit. Thanks so much in advance

Although you are not sure, I suspect the blood on the chute was certainly yours. I would be reassured by this. If you feel that this needs further investigation, I would simply obtain testing for hepatitis B and C and HIV and then you can relax. Testing can alleviate your anxiety.

Dr. McGovern

help me please!thanks
how long??