|Cleared HepB, damage to my liver?
Jul 25, 2004
I was just diagnosed HIV+ and was exposed to Hep B, however my doc said the infection was cleared. Should I concern about any damage done to my liver?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If your physician told you that your hepatitis B has cleared, then you do not have to be worried about permanent damage. Be certain to be tested for hepatitis A also. If you have not been exposed, you should be vaccinated. Also be certain to have testing for hepatitis C.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Does It Take To Become Infected With Hep B After Exposure?
- How Long Does It Take To Clear Hep B?
- Previous Hep B Exposure And Liver Function
- How To Repair The Liver With Hep B?
- How Many Times Can You Have A Hep B Vaccination Without Damaging Your Liver?
- How Long Does DdI Take To Work?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.