|Cleared HepB, damage to my liver?
Jul 25, 2004
I was just diagnosed HIV+ and was exposed to Hep B, however my doc said the infection was cleared. Should I concern about any damage done to my liver?
Response from Dr. McGovern
If your physician told you that your hepatitis B has cleared, then you do not have to be worried about permanent damage. Be certain to be tested for hepatitis A also. If you have not been exposed, you should be vaccinated. Also be certain to have testing for hepatitis C.
Vaccine and Titer
- Natural Remedies For Cytomegalovirus
- Probability Of Hiv Transmission With Condom
- What Can You Use For Burning Vaginal Neuropathy?
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What Can Cause A False Positive Hpv Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.