Making sure i understand the response. 2nd try please answer. Doctor refused to do the PCR test.

Dear Dr. McGovern, Thanks for ur answer regarding the interference of the celexa on the HIV antibody test. God bless u, u are doing a great work to the society. Please do not think that i m bothering you, but i m very depressed and going suicidal. in which u said As far as Celexa goes, this should not interfere with HIV testing. what do u mean by that, does that mean that it will not affect or does it mean that, there might be a slight chance that it will effect the test. If thats the case then please recomend as to what other tests do i need to do to put the HIV fears behind me. I m not worried about myself, i m more worried that i might transfer the virus to my fiance without my knowledge. Yesterday i went to an ID specialist and he refused to give a PCR test, which will directly check for the virus(assuming the use of celexa has not produced the antibodies). The only reason i got worriedmore concerned about was i read an article in which it says that #antidepressants will increase the interleukinsIL10 values, And IL 10 downregulates antiviral responses by inhibiting ANTIGEN Presentation (MHC Class II ). T cells stimulates B cells to produce antibodies when it is presented with the anigens by Antigen Presenting Cells. How does the body produce antibodies when the antigen presentation is inhibited by the increase in amount of IL 10 ?.Pls answer my concern Is there any solution to my problem doctor. First of all my exposure was a low risk exposure, which was open mouth kissing a person whom i dont know much about. Just so that it rings a bell, my previous question was.... Very anxious and very eager to hear from u.......... Dr. McGovern, I got tested for HIV like ten days ago after eight months of exposure(EIA Elisa Antibody test). the result came out to be negative. But i am still worried, the reason being is that i was on antidepressant medication(celexa 20mg/day) for the past two years. My question is do u think that the use of the medication might have affected the test result by producing a false negative or could the use of this medication might have inhibited the production of the antibodies(by not producing the antibodies) or affected the window period or the seroconversion time. If it did then do i need any other tests like directly checking for the virus itself(PCR or cd4/cd8 etc). Please advice going paranoid, ur answer will help me a lot. Is there an definite way to rule out HIV in my case. I m ready to get any test done. Date of exposure Oct 4th 2003. Date when i got tested Jun 20th 2004. Date from when i was on celexa Feb 2002. for which ur answer was If the exposure you were worried about occurred in October, then your antibody test should have been positive by June.

I would not seek further testing at this point in time. As far as Celexa goes, this should not interfere with HIV testing.

My advice for the future, is to always have safe sex so you do not experience this type of anxiety again which can be so difficult, especially when waiting for results of HIV testing.

Dr. McGovern Thank you for ur time

I agree with your physician that you do not need further testing for HIV. Celexa does not interfere with HIV testing.

Dr. McGovern

ammonia Maybe Hepatic Encephalopathy?
tounge spots