Hep c viral load after 5 weeks treatment

I have been on pegingron/ribaravin treatment for eight weeks. I asked to have the viral load to be checked after the fifth week of treatment, even though I know it was considered early. The results were the virus was undetectable (at the start it was nearly 4 million) and all liver enzymes were showing normal. At this stage, would it be foolish to be anything but cautiously optimistic, or does this bode well for a "cure". Thanks for your help.

I would say it certainly "bodes well for cure." However, the most important thing to help make this a reality is adherence to all doses of medications. It has been shown that those patients who take most of their meds certainly do much better than those who don't take all their medications. Your rapid response is very, very encouraging.

Good luck with the rest of your therapy.

Dr. McGovern

Infection..
Very Concerned About My Son...Please Answer