what is casual contact?

Dear Doctor,

Can you tell me what is casual contact in terms of HCV?

Also are hand shakes safe?. Because people may have some nics or cuts on their hand and you don't scan a hand when someone offers it to you. I had a skin opening that was three hours old. but it never bleed it was the size of a pin hole. Later I shook someones hand. I was just wondering after if he had cut that may have touched skin rip is that a risk?

Casual contact refers to the kind of routine contacts that you may have with friends or family - like hugging, shaking hands, kissing someone hello, etc..I would not worry about a pinhole opening and the fact that you then shook someone's hand. I would just be concerned about exposure of an open wound to frank blood.

Dr. McGovern

What's new on the horizon
Kaposi's Sarcoma @ 10 weeks??