What's new on the horizon

I've been on all of the interferon combinations including the new infergen-copegus combo. My biopsy proved mild to moderate liver damage. While on Infergen-copegus, my response was very good at first. I went from 11 million vl to 1700 vl. My last test came back with virtually the same VL indicating the infergen may be losing its affect.

What's new on the horizon that could give folks like me some hope?

Also, My HIV meds cause a hi lipids count. Is it possible that these hi lipids could be inhibiting the affect of the infergen-copegus.

Thanks

David

Thanks

David

There are several new medications which are currently being developed which are targeted to different parts of the life cycle of the virus. Hopefully in about four to five years we will have new drugs at our disposal.

I doubt the lipid problem you have is preventing the medications from working.

Remember that there are several studies which show that interferon can lead to decreased inflammation and irritation in your liver - even if you don't get a virologic cure.

Dr. McGovern

duration effectiveness of Interferon therapy
what is casual contact?