|Hepatitis C & Enlarged Spleen left untreated
Jul 13, 2004
What happens with a person who has an Enlarged Spleen and it is not removed or the under laying cause most likely Hepatitis C with Bridging Fibrosis is not treated? I get extreme pain in the upper left & right quad's. Have no insurance and just got turned down by Medicaid.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I share your concern for liver disease, expecially if your liver shows bridging fibrosis and you have an enlarged spleen. I would consider speaking to a social worker to see if they can assist you in determining how you might obtain financial assistance for medical care. Some hospitals also let patients apply for "free care".
Hepatitis B Sur Ag: Negative: Hepatitis B Sur Ab: Positive
- Can You Tell If Someone Has Hiv By A Pap Smear?
- Would Hiv Show Up In Blood Test Six Weeks After Exposure
- Will Hpv Always Show Up On Std Test?
- Why Am I Getting Herpes Outbreaks Every Few Weeks?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Shingles?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.