Jun 21, 2004
My HCV, rnam pcr Quant came to 1500and th Log shows 11.7 is this a high number and does this mean the Hep c is active? I am consufed...help What is the lowest number that would show active virus. Thanks for your help
Response from Dr. McGovern
It is hard for me to tell you exactly what the possible numbers are since I am not exactly sure what test your physician is using. However, the important point here is that the amount of virus in your system does not tell you how much damage is in your liver. The only way to know that is to get a liver biopsy.
HEP B TEST
- Percent Of Prostitutes With Hiv
- 3 Ways That Hiv Cannot Be Spread
- If I Got Vaccine Against Hep B Should I Be Reactive To Testing?
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.