Viral count

My HCV, rnam pcr Quant came to 1500and th Log shows 11.7 is this a high number and does this mean the Hep c is active? I am consufed...help What is the lowest number that would show active virus. Thanks for your help

It is hard for me to tell you exactly what the possible numbers are since I am not exactly sure what test your physician is using. However, the important point here is that the amount of virus in your system does not tell you how much damage is in your liver. The only way to know that is to get a liver biopsy.

Dr. McGovern

HIV/HEPC
HEP B TEST