Jun 21, 2004
My HCV, rnam pcr Quant came to 1500and th Log shows 11.7 is this a high number and does this mean the Hep c is active? I am consufed...help What is the lowest number that would show active virus. Thanks for your help
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It is hard for me to tell you exactly what the possible numbers are since I am not exactly sure what test your physician is using. However, the important point here is that the amount of virus in your system does not tell you how much damage is in your liver. The only way to know that is to get a liver biopsy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Does Vaginal Thrush Last?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.