HIV/HEPC

My daughter is 21 and was diagnosed co-infected at the end of 2002. She started aroun 598/25000. She is a crack-cocaine addict. She is now, or was a month ago at 302/44000. Currently she is MIA on the streets with the drugs. I know that 200 is full blown AIDS. If she waits until then to start taking meds., what are her chances of survival.

You are rightly concerned about your daughter. However, I would reassure you that I work with many patients with a history of drug use, and when the patient commits to their HIV medications, they do very well, even with low T cell counts.

Dr. McGovern

Shorter Duration TX?
Viral count