when can I start meds.??

I was just diagnosed with Hep.B,it was not active at first ...but the recent tests showed it is active now ...the viruse DNA is found in my blood tests ..the first step was doing a biopcy , the results came back with inflemation in the lever but NO scerroses.The doctors said : "we can't give you any meds now till we see a clear damage in the lever!!" I understood that whenever the viruse's DNA is exist, that means meds are the next stage ....what should I do ?? what do you do for my case? I have an active Hep.B viruse ...should I do nothing till the damage is done!??!!!! should I seek another doctor's help ... please answer me back ...I'm waiting for your responce... thanx MAX.

You are correct that the finding of Hepatitis B virus in the blood is a reason to pursue a liver biopsy and that is exactly what your doctor did. It is good news that your biopsy does not show cirrhosis. However, it is difficult for me to say if you still need treatment since there are various degrees of irritation and scarring which may still be present in the liver.

I would speak with your physician again about why he/she has decided not to treat you so they can explain more fully regarding the decision they have made. It is possible, since in the past you did not have detectable virus, that perhaps your hepatitis B has been inactive for a long time prior to this.

In the meantime, I would keep your alcohol intake down to a minimum until you get more information. I would also ask your physician as to whether you need hepatitis A vaccination.

Dr. McGovern

I AM SCARED TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!! PLS HELPPP ME
Hep c transmission questions