Can Hep C be gotten thru taking reputable blood labs monitoring my HIV stuff?

"Finally, sexual transmission of hepatitis C can occur although it is not common. Safe sex would mean use of barrier protection, like a condom. You can't get hepatitis C from kissing. However, you should avoid sharing razors or toothbrushes that might have had blood on them from a person who has hepatitis C. I hope this is helpful. Dr. McGovern

Thanks for the above answer. I never shot up drugs in my life nor did i get a transfusion before my Hep. C diagnosis. You say it is uncommon thru sex. I was diagnosed with Hep C, genotype 3 in Dec. 2002. I was diagnosed with HIV in 1989. The very last time I had sex was in 1987 and it was very safe. Before that, I did have unsafe sex in 1984. So from 1984 till 2002, could I have had a latent Hep. C from the unfae sex I had in 1984? My feeling is that I got it thru all the bloods I have to take every two months to monitor my HIV. How safe is the getting of blood from labs (I used Quest lab but you can erase this if necessary)to monitor HIV disease? Have any studies been done on the transmission of Hepatitis in any form from reputable labs taking regular bloods? Thanks. Steve Gambino

No, I would stress that hepatitis C is not spread by having your blood drawn.

Dr. McGovern

I was cleared of Hep C. Is it still latent in me & can i pass it on?
Alcohol affects on the liver