Jun 21, 2004
Considering an average human male, what course would prove most harmful to the liver, alcohol consumption daily(2-3 1 oz alocholic drinks) or a once a week binge drinker (9-10 1 oz drinks). An educated guess would be most appreciated.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
If the 2-3 were truly only one ounce then that would be preferable, hjowever tney rarely are. Generally for a male about 2 drinks per day of normal size, that is 1 oz of hard liquor, 4 oz of wine and 12 oz of beer is considered reasonably safe, if there are no other liver diseases. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.