Hep B and Hep C infection..pls advice

Hii Dr Barbara, i desperately need ur advice I tested negative for Hep B two months after my last exposure and it was non reactive. I have received 2 of 3 required doses for vaccination since. As for Hep C, i am not an IV drug user or use needles, and have tested non reactive for it, 4 mths after my last exposure. I have also tested negative for HIV, 6 mths after my exposure. Can i rule out all these infections, once and for all??? Pls, i am getting married soon and would really appreciate ur advice.

It sounds like you have been followed closely by your medical provider and that all the news is good. You have tested "negative" for hepatitis B and have already received two of three doses of vaccine. You are not an injection drug user so your risk for hepatitis C is quite low and your test for hepatitis C antibodies was non-reactive. Finally, you are HIV seronegative 6 months after an exposure.

I would not seek any further testing.

Dr. McGovern

How did I get Hep C & how is it transmitted to others?
hep c and herpies