liver panel results

I just have a quick question. I have been experincing so weird symptoms the last 7-8 months. I will get chills in my bones and extreme bowel trouble and bloating. I had Hep A as a child and rembembered that it was like the flu but that was only acute. My concern is that I may have acquired Hep B. I am safe sexually, and have only engaged in genital stimulation with a woman outside of a commited relationship. My doctor has given me two liver panel tests within 3 weeks of eachother and everything is normal ast/alt plus did an x-ray. She seems to think it is IBS and stress related. I have noticed mucus in my stool, which I know is a IBS symptom. I have read though that a liver panel is not an absolute test. So my main question is if I were experiencing symptoms and it was hep B would my liver panel show that? And also does the IBS diagnosis sound reasonable? Thank you.

If you symptoms were related to acute hepatitis B, your liver function tests would be abnormal by now so I don't think you should worry about this any longer.

I am not an expert gastroenterologist, so I am not qualified to comment on IBS.

Dr. McGovern

Help withTest Results
cord blood hepatitis core antibody positive