Re: YOUR OPINION PLS - - RARE CASE? Brand & Dosage question...

Thanks Doctor Mc.Govern for your insights. You have mentioned that Peginterferon (90 ucgm)might be warranted for maintenance therapy. Since my father is on pegsys can he do 90mcg of pegsys rather then peginteron? This is simply b/c he is overseas and he has about 2-3 mons worth of pegsys supplies.

Further, since my father is currently on 180mcg pegsys dosage can he simply reduce that by only injecting half of that? I would ask his doctor for a 90mcg dosage but in the mean time, would that work?

Many thanks doctor. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer.

First I would talk to your physician to be certain that you both agree that maintenance interferon is something you want to pursue. Remember that the trials of maintenance therapy are still ongoing.

Secondly, I would take the vial to your pharmacist to ask exactly how much to draw up for 90 ugm to be certain you are accomplishing this correctly.

Dr. McGovern

HCV outside of blood?
Follow Up (Need Help with Lab Results Posted: May 21, 2004)