Scared of injections

Doc,

My doctor has suggested putting my on Pegasus for my recently diagnosed hep c. I've taken HIV meds for years but have never had to inject.

Will they come out with a pill form? Would there be a big risk in waiting for the pill form to come out? Are there other options currently available that don't need to be injected?

Thanks, Emilio

Some patients do have trouble thinking about injections for treatment.

1. Although other drugs are being developed, this will take quite some time. I would talk with your physician about the results of your liver biopsy to see if he or she thinks you can wait. If your disease is minimal to mild, that might be reasonable. 2. We have patients, who like you, don't want to inject. They come to our clinic once a week to have the nurse give them the injection. You can also discuss that with your physician. 3. If you try to learn how to inject with the guidance of the clinic nurse, you may be surprised to see that it isn't as bad as you think.

Good luck! Dr. McGovern

Still having more questions-HIV+
Dr. Dieterich: Maintenance Therapy Question