pos hcv, neg LFTS

Hello There Dr. Just last week, I was told I had tested Pos for HCV antibodies. My Lfts had been up for a few months, and since then I have lost 50ILBS. My Lfts are now normal, I have no idea, how I would havent gotten this. Never did needles, tatoos, no transfusions, the only thing I was a lab tech for 2 years, but never poked, what do you think of the chances of "immunity"? When does this PCR test get done aswell? Very Anxious, soon to be the bride!!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

You need to do the HCV PCR test now! Your liver enzymes have probably declined because you lost all that weight.I am sure you had fatty liver. If you are getting married you really should know so you can inform your husband and you if you are contemplating children you need to know that the maternal to child transmission rate is about 5%. Good luck! DTD

Re: ONE MORE QUESTION - - LIVERY BIOPSY+STOPPING THE SPEAD OF HEP. C Virus
Hep B Vaccination and Testing