Re: ONE MORE QUESTION - - LIVERY BIOPSY+STOPPING THE SPEAD OF HEP. C Virus
Jun 7, 2004
In reference to your answer posted June, 2nd.
In your answer to my father's condition you said 'The severity of the biopsy indicates that we should consider maintenance treatment with half dose"
Does he take a break before maintenance therapy? or does he start now by stopping his ribavirin and go with 90mcg pegsys dosage? Would the maintenance therapy help reduce the virus and stop the damage to the liver - cirrohosis?
Thank you so much again.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes to both. There is no reason to wait now and the whole idea with maintenance is to reduce the fibrosis and scarring in the liver. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Risks
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.