HEP B CORE, TOTAL Ab

I need to know what in the world is going on. I took a blood test for a life insurance policy and it showed postive for HEP B CORE, TOTAL Ab. Negative for all other Hepatitis Test and NOn-reactive for serum HIV Antibody. However these levels showed abnormal, the AST (SGOT) 48H, ALT(SGPT) 86H, AND GGT (GGTP) 147 H.

1. What does this actually mean.

2. I have not been sexually active for years.

3. I have had several test ran by my physicians and this has never come up.

4. I recent had my gallballader removed (4/03)

5. I have a four year old child.

6. Am I a carrier or do I just have HBV.

7. Is it possible my child has it.

JUST HELP!!!

Response from Dr. Dieterich

You need more testing for e antigen, e antibody and HBV DNA. You should also be tested for HCV. You could have just had an old exposure to HBV and have another reason for the elevated enzymes like fatty liver. You really need to see a liver specialist. Good luck! DTD

Positive antibodies, but negative RNA
Who should get Hep A & B vaccinations