|HEP B CORE, TOTAL Ab
May 26, 2004
I need to know what in the world is going on. I took a blood test for a life insurance policy and it showed postive for HEP B CORE, TOTAL Ab. Negative for all other Hepatitis Test and NOn-reactive for serum HIV Antibody. However these levels showed abnormal, the AST (SGOT) 48H, ALT(SGPT) 86H, AND GGT (GGTP) 147 H.
1. What does this actually mean.
2. I have not been sexually active for years.
3. I have had several test ran by my physicians and this has never come up.
4. I recent had my gallballader removed (4/03)
5. I have a four year old child.
6. Am I a carrier or do I just have HBV.
7. Is it possible my child has it.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
You need more testing for e antigen, e antibody and HBV DNA. You should also be tested for HCV. You could have just had an old exposure to HBV and have another reason for the elevated enzymes like fatty liver. You really need to see a liver specialist. Good luck! DTD
Positive antibodies, but negative RNA
Who should get Hep A & B vaccinations
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.