Positive antibodies, but negative RNA

Hello Dr., First I want to thank you for responding and so quickly... you really helped ease my mind. I asked the question regarding the Rhogam shot.

I just got my RNA test result back and it was negative. My Dr. has had me take another more sensitive test just to be sure. One of my question is, can I pretty much rule out that I have hepatitis C if my RNA was negative? My antibodies tested high at 13.6. Also, one more question... does the RIBA ( which I am still waiting for results for) distiguish between a false positive and actually having the disease and clearing it yourself? Thank you again for your response... I really appreciated it and thank you for your time now. Have a good day! KB

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Yes you are correct. If the RIBA is positive then it shows that you actually had HCV and cleared it. If negative then the antibody was a false positive. Congratulations! Now get vaccinated for A and B if you are negative. DTD

Liver Function Tests
HEP B CORE, TOTAL Ab