|Liver Function Tests
May 26, 2004
Dear Dr. Dieterich,
I have been a Hep B carrier for over 25 yrs even before sexually active.
In April I had a liver function test and ultrasound. I do that every 6 months. My gastroenterologist said the results are perfect!
If I had unwittitngly contracted HIV say in Jan or Feb, would that have affected my recent test results.
I think many like me would be interested in this.
Thanks for your time.
Best wishes, Anthony
Response from Dr. Dieterich
If you are concerned about HIV, then you really have to ask for an HIV test. You really can't be assuming anything about your HIV status based on liver tests. Go get tested! Good luck! DTD
hepatitis B (problem)
Positive antibodies, but negative RNA
- Bloody Nose After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.