|Liver Function Tests
May 26, 2004
Dear Dr. Dieterich,
I have been a Hep B carrier for over 25 yrs even before sexually active.
In April I had a liver function test and ultrasound. I do that every 6 months. My gastroenterologist said the results are perfect!
If I had unwittitngly contracted HIV say in Jan or Feb, would that have affected my recent test results.
I think many like me would be interested in this.
Thanks for your time.
Best wishes, Anthony
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
If you are concerned about HIV, then you really have to ask for an HIV test. You really can't be assuming anything about your HIV status based on liver tests. Go get tested! Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Touching Period Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Eye Floaters After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.