SIDE EFFECTS FROM PEGINTRON AND RIBAVIRIN

Dear Doc,

STARTED ON PEG INTRON 150MGS AND RIBAVIRIN 3 1/2 WEEKS AGO. HAVE BEEN VERY ITCHY, ARM, HANDS,ELBOWS, LEGS AND BUTTOCKS. HAD LABS DONE AND MY FOLLOW UP IS ON 3/10. READ THE SIDE EFFECTS HAVE HAD PLENTY OF THEM.

I KNOW THAT YOU HAVE TO ENDURE THESE PROBLEMS IN ORDER TO GET RESULTS. HAVE HAD MY SHARE WITH MEDS IN THE PAST. USUALLY THIS TO SHALL PASS.

SHOULD I BE WORRIED OR SHOULD I JUST KEEP SCRATCHING? PLEASE REPLY.

FRANKIE IN FLORIDA

Sometimes patients can experience itchiness from very dry skin. I would apply a good body lotion like Eucerin for example to see if that helps you at all. You could also ask your doctor if you could try some antihistamines to help you sleep at night.

Keep an alert eye out for any rash. If you see a rash per se, I would call your doctor to discuss further. Dr. McGovern

Neutropenia and Hep C?
MONITORING OF LIVER ENZYMES