DOUBTS CONCERNING HepB

Greetings from Spain!

Here my doubts concerning the hepB virus:

1) A Viral Load of 155.000 in a chronic HepB (normal enzymes) could be considered as normal/moderate/extremely high? Very contagious or normal?

2) The fact that being under Epivir as part of the HAART for VIH, could have any advantage in case of being naive infected by VHB?

3) Could, in any case, be completely eliminated a chronic VHB virus, maybe by taking some therapy, etc?

Thank you in advance.

It is hard for me to comment on your hepatitis B viral load because I need to know what specific type of testing was used. It is reassuring to know that your liver tests are normal, but these should be followed over time to be certain that they are always normal.

Treatment with epivir as part of HAART can also treat underlying hepatitis B. However, over time, resistance to hepatitis B can emerge and can even lead to new flares of liver function tests. However, there are other potential treatments for hepatitis B including adefovir. Your doctor may have tested your hepatitis B viral load before and found that it is decreasing in response to treatment.

Review your complete set of hepatitis B tests with your physician, including past liver function tests, to determine if you may need a liver biopsy, especially if you are having persistent detectable virus in your blood. Dr. McGovern

Infant detected HCV ABS
Re-treatment hep c