May 19, 2004
Here are my test results:
Hep B Surface Ag Positive Hep B e antigen negative Hep B e ab Positive DNA detectable.
Based on all my Hep B readings, I think I am a precore mutant, but my liver function has always been normal and I have never had the hepatitis symptoms. What should I do now?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
You need to quantify the HBV DNA. If there is a very low level, then you may not need treatment. If there is 50,000 copies or more then you need treatment and a liver biopsy. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Seroconverting After Sex With A Prostitute
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Two People Who've Never Had Sex Get Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.