|Rhogam and Hepatitis C
May 19, 2004
Hi, I recently had blood tests and I tested "reactive" to Hep C antibodies. I have also tested for RIBA and RNA but am awaiting the results. I have three questions for you:
1. Can it be a false positive from Rhogam shots received in the past for 2 births and 2 miscarriages?
2. What are the statistics for a woman getting Hep C from these shots?
3. You have repeatdly stated in your answers that Hep is curable.... what are the percentages of curablity for the different genotypes?
Any information that you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time!
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is possible to get HCV from Rhogam and other blood products. The answer will be in the PCR. If you have no other risks, then the chances of a real infection are remote. You should not test positive from the antibodies in the Rhogam, HCV+ donors are screened out. The chances of a cure the first time around are over 80% for genotype 2 and 3, and about 45% for genotype 1. Good luck! DTD
(I know the Purpose Now) Thanks for help Dr. Douglas (To all worried wells Please read)
HCV and lactic acid
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Getting Scratched Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Kissing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.