Rhogam and Hepatitis C

Hi, I recently had blood tests and I tested "reactive" to Hep C antibodies. I have also tested for RIBA and RNA but am awaiting the results. I have three questions for you:

1. Can it be a false positive from Rhogam shots received in the past for 2 births and 2 miscarriages?

2. What are the statistics for a woman getting Hep C from these shots?

3. You have repeatdly stated in your answers that Hep is curable.... what are the percentages of curablity for the different genotypes?

Any information that you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time!

KB

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It is possible to get HCV from Rhogam and other blood products. The answer will be in the PCR. If you have no other risks, then the chances of a real infection are remote. You should not test positive from the antibodies in the Rhogam, HCV+ donors are screened out. The chances of a cure the first time around are over 80% for genotype 2 and 3, and about 45% for genotype 1. Good luck! DTD

(I know the Purpose Now) Thanks for help Dr. Douglas (To all worried wells Please read)
HCV and lactic acid