getting reinfected

Doctor i know that some people's bodies will get rid of the hep c virus on its own 15% my question is if some one gets reinfected can this happen again will their bodies clear the virus and for people who are treated with meds and get reinfected do they have too go through the whole regime again and does it work. thanks for your great service here

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Some people do clear the virus and even after multiple infections. Some hemophilia patients and former IV drug users are good examples of that. If you get infected again after being treated then yes you will have to go through the whole regime again. Whatever you are doing that puts you at risk for HCV, you need to stop now and then you will not have to worry about these things! Good luck stopping! DTD

Could I be a carrier?
(I know the Purpose Now) Thanks for help Dr. Douglas (To all worried wells Please read)