Could I be a carrier?

The father of my children tested positive to Hep C five years ago. Since then both children and myself were tested and we do not have the infection. I was asked by a friend recently if I could now be a "carrier"... I had never thought it possible, but now I am not sure. So, my questions is: Could someone be a carrier and pass it to others without themself testing positive for HepC?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

No! This one is easy! Unlike HBV which can be really sneaky and hide and can sometimes be only picked up by DNA testing. HCV is not like that. You either have it or you don't. You don't so relax and be happy! DTD

Hepatitis A (Reactive)
getting reinfected