|Defeating the purpose!!!! HCV Question
May 12, 2004
Dear, Dr. Douglas,
I have been reading many of your replies you give to people and I thank you for your keen wisdom and knowledge that you share to us. I have few questions that have always bugged me and if you can answer them I would be forever thankful.
1) If you use a public bathroom and wash your hands after I know that you alright, but what if someone had HCV (blood, feces, urine or saliva) on their hands and didn't wash their hands after using the bathroom, but used them grab the doorknob or handle to get out, then you do right after even though you washed your hands, could you re-contaminate your hands? Or if you someone used the left something on the taps, would I be at risk when I turned them off even though I washed my hands? I always wash my hands in restaurants before eating, but I always wondered about that.
2) When walking on the sidewalk on a busy street with your shoes, what if you happened to step on a cigarette butt, used band-aid or Kleenex, can you bring HCV or other blood borne diseases to your home on the rug and on your hands when you take off your shoes?
3) Can HCV spread from clothing to clothing, if there was some of the virus on the clothing?
Sorry for the theses questions, just never had the courage to ask before, thank you for your time.
God Bless and keep up the great work.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
All of you who worry about these risks need psychological help. These are not realistic worries. Thank you for asking. Please see your mental health professional. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.