|Did I pass it on?
May 12, 2004
Doc, I was a drug user for about 15 years(needles).I tested possitive for Hep C about 4 years back.I havent used since 1989 but in between I had sex with 2 women and one had a baby.Did I pass on the Hep C? Not Sure
Response from Dr. Dieterich
I am not sure either. The chances of sexual transmission of HCV are very low. However it has become an offical STD recently. It would be fair if you contacted those women and let them know about your diagnosis. You can also tell them that transmission is unlikely, but possible. Good luck! DTD
Co-infection with HIV and HBV
Defeating the purpose!!!! HCV Question
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Sharing Razors Or Drinks?
- Accuracy Of An Hiv Test After Six Weeks
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.