|I had no idea!!! Please help me with my confusion
May 12, 2004
Dr. Dieterich, I recently received oral sex and had no idea that STDs could be passed through this activity. Could you please tell me the risk for Hep B (or A,C) for only RECEIVING oral sex? Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It is considered an extremely low risk activity. You should be vaccinated however for hepatitis A and B if you are not already immune. Have a condom handy, just in case! Good luck! DTD
Fundraiser at a biker bar! Ahhh...
HCV 28 YRS. PCR 10FOLD IN 4YRS.
- Loose Stool Worried It Could Be Ars
- Dry Cough After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.