HCV +; RIBA indeterminate, very worried

I have a question. I am low risk patient. No drug use, sex life very limited to few(3) people, unprotected. No bllod transfusion, etc..28yrs old. I went to get a routine blood exam. Everything ok, except HCV tested positive. Followed up with RIBA. Not sure if original blood sample was used, or if the sample taken the follow up date was used..given result came back 2 days later. RIBA was indeterminate, with reactivity to c22p. This is the core antigen. I will now follow up with PCR. Question is, do I have or was I ever exposed to HCV? Is there a chance this is a false positive due to "indeterminate" result, even if c22P? (ie, is it more likely a c22p will be positive) Thanks,

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Yes it ia almost certainly a false positive. If the PCR is negative forget it. You don't sound like you have had any real risks at all! RIBA is not really a useful test. DTD

Please help HBV patient