Why the Hepititis B shots for 11 yr olds?

My 11 yr old daughter is entering 7th grade. The state of CA is requiring the series of Hepititis B shots. She is not in a high risk group and I do not understand why she needs to get these shots, can you tell me why?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Someday she might grow up and have sex, as hard as that is to believe! If you want grandchildren that is pretty much the only way that is going to happen too! Hepatitis B is a sexually transmitted disease and all kids are being vaccinated for it. There is no real downside to it that I can see. Good luck! DTD

REYATAZ, WHAT ARE ITS "WORSENING" / HEPATOTOXIC EFFECTS ?
Urgent! Precore mutant results....