|Why the Hepititis B shots for 11 yr olds?
May 3, 2004
My 11 yr old daughter is entering 7th grade. The state of CA is requiring the series of Hepititis B shots. She is not in a high risk group and I do not understand why she needs to get these shots, can you tell me why?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Someday she might grow up and have sex, as hard as that is to believe! If you want grandchildren that is pretty much the only way that is going to happen too! Hepatitis B is a sexually transmitted disease and all kids are being vaccinated for it. There is no real downside to it that I can see. Good luck! DTD
REYATAZ, WHAT ARE ITS "WORSENING" / HEPATOTOXIC EFFECTS ?
Urgent! Precore mutant results....
- Blood In Urine After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.