|Worried about vaccination
May 3, 2004
I have hemophilia and contracted hep b years ago. My current girlfriend had a hep b vaccination before we met, but she only had 2 out of the three shots. Is she at risk or is the third shot not necessary.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
She should get the test for hepatitis B antibody and if negative then repeat the 3 shots. If you are not using condoms then you should also be treated for the hepatitis B. It is quite easy to do take meds for your hep B and you will not be infectious! DTD
HBV /MASTURBATION, SALIVA AS LUBRICANT
REYATAZ, WHAT ARE ITS "WORSENING" / HEPATOTOXIC EFFECTS ?
- Can You Get Hiv On The First Time You Have Sex With An Infected Person?
- Why Do I Keep Having Outbreaks Of Shingles?
- What Are Shingles And What Do They Look Like?
- Ways To Get Chlamydia Other Than Sex
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
- Is There A Test For Herpes At Home?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.