HIV and Hep B correlation?

Dr. DTD-

I have read where people with HepB are more suseptible to get HIV. Is this due to the fact they may have a decreased immune system or is it due to the fact they may partake in riskier behaviors?

Also, if it is due to a decreased immune system, would the same be true for an inactive carrier?

Thanks

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It is because of shared risk factors. HBV and HIV are both basically sexually transmitted diseases. HBV does not affect the immune system, however I am becoming increasingly convinced that HCV may indeed affect the immune system. DTD

PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY LAB RESULTS!!
please post.