Seeking Hep-G

Should I want to get infected with Hep-G (GBV-C)? Would rather do it in a clinical setting but thinking about posting online to find a compatable HIV guy. On Trizivir and Kaletra now, viral load undetectable, CD-4 ranges from 270-425.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Good question! I don't think anyone is recommending that yet. There have been many publications now suggesting that GBV-C improves the prognosis of HIV. The theory is that the virus downregulates IL 10 and keeps HIV infected lymphocytes from multiplying. I would not do it now. Your HIV is very well controlled and should stay that way. Thanks for asking! DTD

just a little question
inconsistancies in info for hep c