just a little question

hi,a few years my friend found out he had hepatitis b i know i wasnt really at risk of being infected by my friend but he told me it would still be a good idea to get vaccinated anyway, so i went to my gp where they tested me for hep b which came back neg,i have now been vaccinated for hep a and b,but since then iv read allot about hep b and hep c,and iv got a little worried about hep c,iv had a few tattoos in the past my question is when i got tested for hep b would it have shown up if i had hep c or is it a total diffrent test for hep c.thankz allot for ur help and time.ps my friend is fine now he is clear of hep b and all is well,and i wish everyone the best of luck with beating there illness.thanks again

Response from Dr. Dieterich

All MD's don't test for HCV so you should ask yours if they did. I am impressed that you got both A and B vaccines. That is great! Go see someone now and get test to see if the vaccines took and ask for HCV and HIV as well. Good luck! DTD

URGENT..PLEASE HELP ME WITH TEST REULTS
Seeking Hep-G